Monday, March 29, 2010

What I've read lately


1. Ursula K Le Guin - The Left Hand of Darkness
I was captivated by the story and the almost credible ice world imagined. The characters were quite well presented and the story told in a very nice language. The narration had some logical discontinuities but overall it was quite enjoyable.


2. Pascal Bruckner - Mon Petit Mari
I do not like Bruckner much. For me he just wants to show off in a genuine French way. Still his work has some profound touches and explores difficult themes. This book is bitterly funny. The efforts put by Leon into being a father for his family against his odd height are heroic but sadly unsuccessful. I was a nice weekend reading.


3. Dino Buzzati - The Tartar Steppe
A book for my current state of mind - it seems the I sometimes act as Giovanni Drogo. I dream of a great destiny, a fight in that I will demonstrate my value but instead I got only the sad Tartar's steppe.

No comments:

Post a Comment