Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Postal Office in Sighet

I guess it is the worst public institution in the world.

I had to send some very important laboratory samples for my grandfather in Cluj as soon as possible and the lab insisted that the have to be sent by PRIORIPOST.

Therefore I went to post with the samples and I have looked for a line where to reach one of the two opened booths (from a total number of eight).

After 29 minutes in that only four persons were served I have arrived to the booth where a bored girl said that the form I have completed was not okay as the lab had no contact person. "For God's sake, I have said, how comes that? A lab is an institution so there would be no need for such a contact person". She asked me to step away and find a contact person. This has pissed me off badly so I rang the lab from my mobile and asked for a contact person. After I have found one I stayed in front of the line and made all the operations one by one only to piss her off as she did to me. When she complained why I did not tell about the operation before I replied that she didn't asked me as it would have been normal to. In this way I made her work for about 23 minutes - with only one customer. Her typing skills were about 1 wpm and quoting Terry Prattchet she was not capable to think and talk in the same time. I felt sorry for the persons that were after me but I was satisfied that she had to support their criticism and jokes as I have given the some clues on why they were waiting so much.

I know that the Post is one of the last government owned companies but the attitude of the clerks should also change. They haven't learn nothing in the 17 years of freedom. The old communist habits are still in place. They believe that they are omnipotent and everything they do is correct.

I really hope that somebody from the company will read this and do something but I highly doubt about it.

I must say that in Timisoara I have seen the opposite - a girl working in the Postal Office in Piata Operei - she has been always kind, polite and smiling to the customers and she knew how to use a computer. I wish that all the clerks were alike...

No comments:

Post a Comment