Sunday, April 16, 2006

Joel's DAL

I have recently read Joel Spolsky's 'Development Abstraction Layer' collumn on his website http://www.joelonsoftware.com. It felt to me like a dejavu. All the things he has written there are both true and of a great and immediate importance for me in my current position of teamleader.

I feel that generally I have to do more for my people because I am facing with the following problems:

1. Lack of resources - almost everyday I loose time and energy to argue for servers/boards/simulators

2. Acces to documentation - documentation is like an old and very precious spellbook and our distant peers are not eager at allto share their vault with us

3. Versioning system - "I hate Clearcase..."

4. Negotiation of deadlines - no negotiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment