Thursday, April 17, 2014

XML processing

I have been a huge fan of XStream since 2003 when I first discovered it, by mistake at codehaus when I was looking for an alternative to Cruise Control - named Damage Control - a nice CI system write in Ruby. XStream has an elegant API, is reasonably fast, supports multiple serialisation backends, but... it does not support polymorphism or optional elements. I looked around for alternatives. The most obvious one was JAXB - but it seemed to heavy and overly complicated for my needs. So I found out SIMPLE which is feature par with XStream plus the missing features (well at least optional fields). It works almost as a drop in replacement of XStream and I do not miss much the JSON serialisation of the former as I can use other engines directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment