Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kia Rio


I have been driving a Kia Rio 1.5L CRTD and I must say WOW. I had a good time while driving this 109hp car. I was not quite used to drive diesels (although I have driven some including Renault Laguna, Fiat Grande Punto, Opel Corsa, ...) but this one felt the most close to the gasoline engines as the acceleration was going linear. The acceleration curve is quite problematic for me as I had some hard times with a Corsa that had some power kick-ups. I really prefer gasoline for the moment.
I was impressed by the agility of the engine and by the very nice and precise gearbox.
Still the interior finish and the ergonomics can be improved. One more issue I had was the heating. It is very slow and it was an issue here in Poland as there were -2 degrees.
I will consider Kia as a valid option from now on (maybe a c'eed)

2 comments:

  1. Don't tell me you spent all the week-end at the hotel, with such a car... or, you were posting using the so blamed Vodafone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent are the same car with slightly different look as many of Hyundai/Kia cars e.g. Hyundai Tucson=Kia Sprotage, Hyundai i30=Kia Cee'd, Hyundai i10 =Kia Picanto, Hyundai Santafee=Kia Sorento & so on... unfortunately in ro Kia has worse image than Hyundai but they produce often more durable cars than Hyundai

    ReplyDelete