Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Education in Romania

As I have said before in the posts on this blog the education in Romania sucks.
I know that we gare going from bad to worse because I often speak with friends that are TAs in Universities in Romania and also with some of my ex-teachers.

Yesterday I have seen a talk show on TV in that the guests (Andrei Marga, Eugen Chelemen and Alina Mungiu Pippidi) were sharing the same oppinions as I do. They also pointed out that integration of Romania in European Community will also produce a major crisis in the universitary life when the Romanian universities will get into direct competition with European counterparts.

Th education in Romania is quite expensive (somewhere around 600 EUR/year) and of very poor quality. With about the same ammount of money somebody could learn in a better University (good Italian ones are about 1000 EUR/year tuition fees). More than this everything in Romanian education seems to be crafted without any plan, without taking into account any curricula, prerequisites and consequences of the learning activity.

...

I really do hope that somet6hing will changhe also in this field.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, come on. It's like saying girls are not good programmers :). There are exceptions :). I know a very good school, with great Professors and good students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tora: As you said: A VERY GOOD school.... I am quite envious on you for going to UAIC.

    ReplyDelete