Thursday, April 14, 2005

Network Adventures

I found the time to post again.
Today I felt miserable. I spent most of the day trying to see why some equipment does not work.

The "problem" equipment was an Chase Iolan+ serial port multiplexer.
This ancient piece of hardware has a NON NEGOTIATING 10 Mbps HALF DUPLEX interface that fucked up all the network when it was plugged directly into a Alcatel layer 3 switch.
It fucked up the VLANs defined in the switch so bad that I couldn't have acces to any of the hosts plugged in the same swich (and for this I have kept my developpers from working for about 4 hours)

I solved the incident by connecting all the equipment in a dumb old SMC layer 2switch and cascading this one into the layer 3 switch.

PS:
Eclipse goes native !
Hourray !

Fedora Core 4 test2 appeared !

Two interesting firewalls: m0n0wall and smothwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment